A Project Like No Other
Operating Impact – Reduced the power load by 50% & improved power ability to 99.99%
Environmental Impact – Reduced energy load on grid
Rooftop Solar Power Plant for Periphery Lighting & Home lighting
Shakunthala Foundation is an NGO and rehabilitation center for the differently abled.
Periphery & home lighting was very critical application in this case as certain areas within the building had to be illuminated as these areas had to be lit for longer durations (depending on duty hours).
- Front yard – Duty Cycle – 5 Hrs.
- Back yard – Duty Cycle – 12 Hrs.
- Ground Floor(In front of the Steps) – 5 Hrs.
- First Floor(In front of the Steps) – 5 Hrs.
- 300 W(p) Solar Panels.
- 200 ah Battery Bank.
- 10 Amps MPPT based charge controller.
- Galvanized steel structure for Panel Mounting.
- Combiner Box, Cables and necessary accessories.
- Earthing & Reverse current protection mechanisms.
RESULTS & BENEFITS
Given the power deficiency of India, Rural regions like Bangarpet in particular, ‘empower’ Solar PV solution reduced the load on the grid by 50% and made power availability of 99.99%.